The Tuesday 10: Vol. 5
The new affordable summer home decor & outdoor entertaining collection from Hearth & Hand by Magnolia at Target, the absolute best product for growing thicker, bushy, natural eyebrows quickly, the beautiful new nursery collection from Pottery Barn Kids and West Elm, Amanda Knox, the best new design hotels opening this summer all over the world, new Gal Meets Glam Collection dresses and more in this week’s Tuesday 10!
Today's edition of the Tuesday 10 - where we round up 10 things we loved in the last week - is ever-so-slightly more condensed that the last few volumes of the Tuesday 10 so that you can get to the goodness faster with as little fluff as possible. Because we love you. And we’re here to serve you.
As always comment below and tell us what your favorite things from this week’s list of discoveries was, and any awesome discoveries you made that we need to know about!
Shop The Post
1. We can't get enough of the light wood door exterior design trend Becki Owens talked about on her blog last month. Currently pinning every light, natural wood door possible on Pinterest.
2. The new summer collection from Hearth & Hand with Magnolia at Target is out and it's all perfect for outdoor entertaining! I basically need everything, including these black and white gingham napkins, this croquet set, this buffalo check picnic blanket, this black and white steel beverage dispenser, these gingham serving trays, these plaid serving trays and these gingham kitchen towels.
3. I've been using Revitabrow for the last month to thicken the outer edges of my brows per my sister's recommendation and holy crow this stuff is amazing. Tried, tested and loved, people – my brows have seriously gotten so much thicker in such a short time. You need this in your life!
4. My girlfriends and I have been fascinated by the Amanda Knox story and the strange press frenzy surrounding it since the story hit newsstands when we were in Journalism school, so we're all really excited for the new video series she’s hosting for Vice on Facebook called the Scarlet Letter Reports. The synopsis? “Host Amanda Knox sits down with five famous women to discuss the deeply personal journey of being sexualized, scrutinized, and demonized by the media –– and how they’ve rebuilt their lives after their most personal details have been made public.” Color me fascinated.
5. For all you mamas and mamas-to-be out there, two of my favorite home decor retailers, Pottery Barn (Kids) and West Elm teamed up and created their own nursery collection and it's all kinds of adorable. Not only is there mid-century-inspired nursery furniture, but tons of items that would make great baby gifts, too like these cute swaddle blankets in a sweet color palette, this felted sheep mobile, these organic matelasse changing pad covers and this washed tencel quilt.
6. Gal Meets Glam Collection, the collection of dresses by beloved blogger Julia Engel launched last month and holy moly did it sell out fast! You guys seemed to be as smitten as I was with the dresses, so you'll be happy to know that she released a handful of brand new styles for her May collection today that you can shop now! I'm loving the Jane in hydrangea and the Abigail!
7. Is anyone as obsessed with Architectural Digest as we are? The celeb home tours. The design porn. The never-ending architecture and design factoids from around the world! This week I was loving the tour of The Hills alum Whitney Port's eclectic L.A. home, a feature on the new book that showcases my home state of Michigan's modern architectural gems from designers like Frank Lloyd Wright, Zaha Hadid, Eero Saarinen, and more from mid-century to today and their roundup of the 15 best design hotels opening this summer.
8. If you cried when Gossip Girl ended in 2012 and worship at the style altar of Blair Waldorf, you can’t miss last week’s post on the blog all about my favorite headbands from around the web and how to style your hair with them for an easy, breezy summer look. Xoxo, GG.
9. If you’re really into organization and storage (I mean, who isn’t?) then you’ll love new home site Boon Supply. Filled with stylish storage containers and organizers of all kinds that are all budget-friendly, the site was founded by Lily Kanter of Serena & Lily, another home site we absolutely love so you know it's gonna be good. Type-A personalities, unite!
10. We like to think we're on top of all things eyewear, but we have to be honest and say that we've totally missed the launch of the Muse x Hilary Duff Eyewear Collection on GlassesUSA.com earlier this year and only became aware of it when I was perusing the GlassesUSA site last week to check their new specs! And I have to say... girl does good eyewear! The frames are so fun, with great shapes and colors to choose from, like the oversized Clara, the retro Betty, and the wayfarer-style Henrietta!