The Tuesday 10: Vol. 7
The 2018 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale info you need now, a relaxed, coastal-inspired home we're crushing on, the total body exfoliating tool we're hooked on, the amazing Rebecca Taylor and J.Crew sale sections right now, Dr. Phil's fascinating story, fly fishing adventures and more in today's Tuesday 10!
We just got back from our vacation in Northern Michigan and it was idyllic to say the least. We had the most beautiful weather while we were there, the cotton candy sunsets were epic every day, the lake felt like bath water and the family time was as good as it gets. I'm still shaking off my soreness from a few wake boarding sessions that gave this old body a slight beating, but I still love every second of it! It's always a little slow and painful returning to the land of the living (and the screens) when we get back from Up North, but we're easing into it by sharing yet another list of 10 things we loved over the last week... or over the last couple of weeks. Don't forget to share the discoveries you loved over the last week with us in the comments section!
Shop The Post
1. Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Access, where Nordstrom cardholders can score serious discounts on tons of new summer and fall arrivals before the general public starts this Thursday, July 12th, and it opens to the general public on July 20th, ending on August 5th. Start your engines, style hunters and bargain shoppers - this is the sale event of the year and stuff sells out really quickly. We'll be posting our favorite finds next week when the sale opens up to the general public, after we get an idea of what we love during early access. For now check out the catalog to see what's on tap for the sale.
2. I saw this relaxed, casual, coastal-cool and colorful home tour on Domino right before we left for Michigan and fell in love. Such fun, creative spaces throughout this house and so much inspo to pin! That little girl's room is so, so cool.
3. You guys have probably noticed that I, like so many ladies who love relaxed, romantic, easy, breezy style love all things Rebecca Taylor. And I love it even more when it's on sale, and the brand's sale section on their site is amazing right now. Just a little pro tip so you guys can get while the gettin' is good! I'm particularly obsessed with these jeans, this top, this skirt, this dress, these pants, this top and so much more which I made sure to include in the Shop The Post widget above.
4. As is the case every summer, we were pretty much in heaven on the lake in Michigan this year - the weather was a 10 the entire time! This year we were particularly inspired by the cool, eclectic cottage style that makes Walloon Lake such a unique and enchanting place to stay and play, so we rounded up our favorites last week on the blog so you guys can pick your favorite cottage of the bunch!
5. When I was Up North my mom started raving about this Earth Theraputics Natural Exfoliating Hydro Towel and told me that it was the most amazing exfoliator she'd ever used, mostly because it can get to all those hard to reach places that rarely get truly exfoliated, like your back. Summary? I tried it. I loved it. I'm hooked. And yes, I'm not afraid to say that I'm in love with a weird towel thingy that exfoliates my back. Beauty, people. Beauty.
6. Fairly certain every woman I know needs this affordable summer-to-fall-perfect striped lightweight sweater tee in their closet ASAP. I can't get enough to the too-cute color palette and the scalloped trim!
7. I don't know what kind of sorcery this is, but J.Crew is currently over 75% off of original prices in their sale section with code SHOPNOW and I'm not even sure how to process that. Is this real life? I've been obsessed with this sweatshirt ever since it hit their site, love these fun espadrilles (my sis has them and they're so cute), and totally need this timeless pink silk clutch.
8. We both loved this OBJECTified on Dr. Phil. He and Harvey Levin talk all about his childhood, his rise to fame, how Oprah played a critical role in his career success and so much more. Fascinating guy.
9. Summer slump got you feeling like calling in sick and curling up with a bag of Cheetos on the beach? Just me? Check out this list of 22 Books Highly Recommended by Successful People to shift you back into drive and get you into the whole "summer reading" thing. We've both read a few of these and there are so many more on this list that we're dying to dive into this summer!
10. For the last couple of years we've been going on the most incredible guided fly fishing adventure as a family during the week of the 4th of July in Northern Michigan through Boyne Outfitters under the direction of their incredibly knowledgable resident outdoorsman and fearless leader Ethan Winchester, and it has been absolutely life-changing. Seriously. It's a truly magical, one of a kind experience and we just can't rave about it enough, so if you're ever looking for a unique outdoor experience where you'll learn more about the surrounding ecosystem than you ever thought you could, learn to fly fish or just fly fish to your heart's content in the most stunning setting, dine al fresco and see the stars like you never have before, shoot us a note and we'll give you their info. Also, Chris is now slightly obsessed with Tenkara's compact fly fishing setups because they're perfect for beginners or pros alike looking to hit the river for an all fun, no fuss fly fishing adventure.