The Tuesday 10: Vol. 2
Our new content series, "The Tuesday 10" is back for the second week with 10 more things we've discovered in the last week that inspired us, that we enjoyed, or that we just found useful, and we're passing the discovery on to you! Remember, there are no rules that guide what kinds of things make the list, so it's a free for all!
This week we're talking about a fun new flick we saw and one of its impressive stars, the Korean beauty buy that I tried and that seriously blew my mind, a couple of cool new home decor lines to check out, the book we're currently reading and loving and more! We'd also love to hear about the discoveries you made in the last week, so let's keep the conversation going in the comments - tell us what rocked your world last week!
- We got to see Ready Player One last weekend on one of our date nights, and we highly recommend it - so creative and cool! Side note: one of the movie's stars, Lena Waithe is quickly becoming a writing/acting/producing force in Hollywood, and we're all about it!
- Our amazing friend, favorite chef and all around culinary genius Gaby Dalkin of What's Gaby Cooking has a new line of spices and rubs available at Williams-Sonoma and they're must-haves. Your spring/summer recipes need these in their life! She also has a brand new book of ridiculously delicious recipes coming out next week, and trust me when I say we all need it!
- The juicer that we got for Christmas that has completely changed our life and our juice game, the Breville Juice Fountain Plus, is on serious sale right now! It's insanely fast, powerful and easy to use, and extracts max juice. If it's a cold-pressed juicer you're after, that version is on major sale right now, too. Shoot us a note if you're wondering what the difference is and what the pros and cons are of both. We'll be happy to walk you through it!
- Chris got me the Kocostar Foot Therapy booties from Anthropologie for my birthday and I finally got around to using them this week. They were Life. Changing. Basically, the top layer of your skin sheds off about 5 days later to reveal baby soft feet. Weird? Yes. Awesome? Absolutely. Now I have to try the Nail Therapy from this magical Korean beauty brand to see what happens! Tip: use a pumice stone once your feet start "shedding" and you'll be all good!
- Speaking of Anthropologie, did you know that they have a new outdoor home decor and furniture line?! And yes, it's as good as you'd imagine.
- And speaking of home decor and furniture, Target has a new home decor and furniture line called Opalhouse and it's ah-maz-ing! Come to think of it, it's slightly Anthropologie-esque with all of its boho flair, funky prints and stunning color palettes. If you're into the boho beach life, then you'll die over the Opalhouse "Canyon Sunrise" collection - I want every single thing.
- I've been obsessing over these retro pink lemon print J.Crew bikini bottoms ever since I saw them! Definitely going to have to pull the trigger ASAP and pair with this matching top. Why is a lemon print so fun?! This cute blue and white gingham retro bikini bottom and matching ruffled bandeau top from J.Crew are on my list, too.
- The Pinterest world has been loving Chris' custom sterling silver and turquoise cuff that I gave to him on our wedding day, and it got us talking about just how much we love it and the insanely talented jewelry maven that created it, our friend Rene from T.Bene jewelry! It reminded me that a) if you haven't checked out her jewels yet, you need to - they're so good b) if you're getting married this spring/summer and need an awesome Maid of Honor/bridesmaid/Mother of the Bride/bride/groom gift, her baubles are the perfect thing. Reaching out to her was one of the best things I did throughout the wedding planning process and to this day I love seeing how much Chris loves his cuff. Favorite pieces currently on her site: These teeny tiny gold bar studs are classic, current and cute all at the same time, this gold infinity ring is so simple and stunning and these toggle earrings need to be in my collection... like yesterday.
- In case you're not in the loop, the band whose ballads accompanied all our high school breakups, makeups and makeouts, Dashboard Confessional is back with their first album since 2009 called Crooked Shadows and they just released a new video for their very old-school-Dashboard-esque song "Heart Beat Here". We're dying to know - are you guys loving the new Dashboard? Missing the Dashboard of yore? Let us know in the comments because we need to have this convo.
- We've been loving and embracing the Bulletproof lifestyle and accompanying podcast from Dave Asprey for a few years now, and have started to read The Plant Paradox by Dr. Steven Gundry, who Dave had on the Bulletproof podcast not long ago. The book is fascinating so far, and if you want a little taste of what's in it, check out his interview on the Bulletproof Podcast. We continue to be fascinated by the science behind how nutrition can heal our bodies, reverse disease, and increase performance, and reading about Dr. Gundry's research and the incredible outcomes his patients have experienced is nothing short of mind blowing.